To get anonymous Internet access and bypass region restrictions, people are turning to VPNs for help. But it comes at the price of Internet performance. This article is going to tell you how to boost your VPN connection.
- The distance between you and the VPN server is one of the biggest factors that can reduce your internet speed. If you choose a more remote connection location, the connection will be sent much further to the destination and back, which will result in slower upload and download. Most popular VPN services have a selection tool that automatically selects the nearest server. Always choose a server in your VPN software that is as close to your location as possible.
- Software downloaded to a computer, smartphone or tablet while using a VPN is called a client. It deals with all VPN administration at the end of the connection. Even if you already have a router that can act as a VPN client, you can improve the performance of your VPN connection by buying a router with faster hardware.
- For a VPN service, you usually download the application for computers and mobile devices. VPNs usually provide a higher level of performance to premium users because their global network cannot be operated for free. So you can pay a subscription fee for using the service and logging into the application using your account. Then you will get a better experience.
- The choice of protocol directly affects the encryption strength, but it can also affect the speed separately. Most VPN services include a protocol that can be changed in the application settings area. For example, if you use a stronger encryption algorithm, the encryption of data transferred via VPN will take longer, and decryption will take longer when they reach their destination. Try to change this option in the VPN application settings and speed up the VPN connection.
- Sometimes the slow VPN speed can be repaired by simply restarting the router or Wi-Fi network. The router or Wi-Fi network will try to update the received connection as soon as the device restarts. This will ensure better signal reception and better Internet performance. It’s a good idea to restart your router or internet connection from time to time to ensure a stable connection.
Try these tips and enjoy faster Internet access. If it doesn’t work, you should think about changing your VPN. RitaVPN provides the best solution to experience the internet as it should be – Private, Safe and Fair. Get the fast, secure and private VPN now!